Off Page SEO has changed a lot over the past few years and there will be more changes in the future. But there has been no change in basic ideas. Job type has changed in off page SEO, but off-page SEO techniques have not changed.
Off Page SEO
We call off page SEO as link building. Because the work you have done off Page SEO is to create backlinks.The complete process of link building with other websites related to your website for bringing your website first to the search engine is called off-page search engine optimization. In other words, off-page search engine optimization is the promotion of any web site related to other web sites.
Since off Page SEO means creating backlinks. So What is backlink? you have to know.
What is Backlink?
When you come to another site, you will get your site link, thus you have created a backlink to your site. Now the question is, how effective is this link for your site? In this case, you should consider that which site you are linking, what is the quality of the site and the attribute of the link you are getting?
Links can have two attributes – Dofollow and Nofollow. Most often Dofollow link is preferred for any site link. Whether the link is Doflow or Nofollow, you can get visitors in both cases. But the main difference is that the search engine robot will come to your page via the link if it’s Dofollow. As a result, links juice will pass to your page from that page. And if the search engine robot does not come to your page through the link, that means no links juice will pass to your page from that page.
Link juice is the power of a link which is passing through a link created from one page to another page. However, this link juice will be more or less depends on many parameters. It is noteworthy that the pages from which the link is coming but also depend on its PageRank, link attribute, quality of links, content on the page, topical reliance etc.
We use off Page SEO primarily for the promotion of our site. Let us discuss some parts of the Off Page SEO.
- Social Share: At present, various social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Business Pages etc. where you can share your site or business and it is a very active medium to get the desired traffic. If you share updates of your site to social media, then it will carry important social signals for your site, which is one of the most important Google’s ranking factors.
- Forum posting: There are many forums online, where various issues or many new topics are discussed. You can get a good quality backlink by participating in discussions related to the content of your site. If you can come to a good position in the forum, then you can get a Do Follow backlink from here. That forum permits you to make a link to its signature option.
- Directory Submissions: Many people are saying that directory submissions are no longer valid. But I do not agree with this. In my opinion, directory submissions are still very effective for your site. If you can list your site on a good quality directory, then it will play an effective role for your site. One of the best is the DMOZ directory.
- Social bookmarking: Social Bookmarking is a popular medium for getting backlinks to your site. But in this case, you also have to work carefully. Because there are so many social bookmarking sites that are spammy. So you have to work on standard social bookmarking sites like Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon, Propeller etc.
- Photo sharing: Photo sharing is a very popular medium for your site campaign. If you share the photos of your site with the user, they will like it and comment about it. This will increase your site’s identity. Flickr, Picasa, Photo Bucket are the standard photo sharing sites.
- Video sharing: Like photo sharing, video sharing is a very popular medium. Here you will share your site videos. If users like your video, they will share it, comment and you will get more visitors. Some of the best quality video sharing sites are YouTube, Metacafe, Dailymotion etc.
- Local Business Listings: This process is most effective for local contact. With this, you can get targeted visitors. Some of the standard listings sites are Yellow Pages, Superpages, MojoPages. But these are the USA Local Listing sites. There is a separate local listing site for each country. So you can list your business on your country’s local listing site for your targeted country. Just like your business is being promoted and a backlink is being created for your site.
- Article Submission: You can submit articles on various popular topics and subscribe to various article submission sites such as Ezine, Go Articles, Now Public etc. However, in this case, your article must be quality and unique. Then through this article, you can get quality backlinks as well as the visitor for your site.
- Press Release: If you have a business or give any service, you can run your site campaign through press releases on various press release sites such as Open PR, PR Leap etc.
- Question-Answer Sites: This is a very popular way to get a quality backlink. You can get a good backlink from different Question-Answer Sites such as Quora, Yahoo Answers, Cha-Cha. Create a standard profile by answering different questions on various topics related to your niche.
- Document sharing: There are many famous documents sharing sites, such as Google Docs, Slide Share, etc. By visiting different sites or slides, you can increase your site’s reputation or popularity.
- Web 2.0: You can use the Web 2.0 like Blogger, WordPress, Tumblr, etc. to support your main sites. By doing this, you can create a good quality Dofollow backlink for your own site.
- Blog Comments: You can get backlinks to your site by commenting on other standard blog articles. Although most of the blogs currently offer Nofollow Backlink, you can get some visitors from here.
- Guest Blogging: Guest blogging is a process where a site owner allows people to write articles on their site. But here you will submit the article then site owner checks that and sees whether it is a copy text or whether it is standard. After that, he will publish your post on his site. In this way, you can get many good quality backlinks.
Finally, if you can use Google as a whole, nothing will be able to prevent you from being an expert. There are many who can do advanced things but small things can not do. He did not remember the work he had learned. And because of being able to learn advanced things, he forgets a lot of the basics. You do not have to do this in your case. So you have to learn and practice advanced work every day.